Herbert Park during Spring

>> Monday 22 June 2009

On a lovely afternoon more than 2 months ago, I went to check out Herbert Park which is nearby our apartment in Ballsbridge. It was early Spring and was still rather chilly in Dublin when cold breeze bashed against your face. The 48-acre park is only 15 min walking distance away. :)


On my way to the park, I made a short detour to visit the Parish of St Bartholomew. It's a cosy church consecrated in 19th century.




I was strolling alone and it was rather quiet around the church compound. For a moment, I felt so peaceful.


Herbert Park is another 5 min away. I entered the park through the Herbert Park Hotel's entrance.




The park was so serene. It was not crowded, nor it seemed eerily deserted. Irish are indeed one of the friendliest bunch of people in the world. While strolling around the park, I was greeted by almost every folk whom I bumped into. Most of the strollers were retired old folks. I find that old folks here really know how to enjoy their life. A number of them own a holiday house somewhere in Southern Spain or France and spend their day reading books, enjoying wines and the beautiful seascape scenery.




And they are very kind and nice to animals. It won't be surprised seeing people feeding the birds and swans with expired breads. :)




I was taking pictures around this beautiful pergola, where an old lady offered to photograph me. We chatted briefly and our conversation revolved around the hard times of the financial crisis. She is such a lovely person. Unexpectedly, upon parting, she read me an Irish poem! I couldn't recall every phrases of the poem. I only remember the message was that no matter ups or downs, good or bad, Ireland welcomes my coming and going and I should always be cheerful. Wonderful lady, doesn't she?








I passed by the flower garden and the tulips were starting to blossom! It was so colourful and beautiful.


It was an enjoyable and relaxing walk except that I had to dodge the drizzle for 5 min under a tree! :)

0 comments: