About Nelson Chin

>> Tuesday 19 May 2009


I am a civil and structural engineer by training and has been practising with engineering consultancy firms in the building construction sector since graduation. I have carried out numerous structural design of buildings as tall as 50 storeys in Malaysia and have been involved extensively in the use of concrete, steel and composite materials for various building structures in commercial, residential, healthcare and educational sectors in Ireland.


On the lighter sides, I enjoys reading and travelling very much. Indeed one of the reasons I chose to relocate to Dublin was to explore and experience Europe. More than just seeing of historic monuments and breathtaking scenery when travelling, I seek to savour the food, engage the customs and culture, understand the religion and meet the people. I just bought my first DSLR camera last Christmas of 2008 and photography has since become one of my fondest hobbies. I enjoy capturing the essence of a place, environment and people and find great satisfaction sharing the photos with friends and family members.


Together with my lovely fiancee, Siew Leng, we are currently residing in the city of Dublin. I hail from Tawau, Sabah and am a Chinese-Malaysian.

I may be contacted at yychin At gmail Dot com.