5 Minutes of Fame

>> Sunday 21 June 2009

Spirit of Manila Airlines is a low-cost airline based in Philippines and Manila Skies is their inflight magazine published bimonthly. In their April/May issue, there was an article on Dubai tourism.




Above is an excerpt of the article copied from their magazine's website.

3 months ago, I was approached by the editor of Manila Skies, requesting the high-resolution file of a photo taken by myself in Dubai and my permission to use the photo in their magazine publication. I was hysteric and elated, by all means! That was the first time ever my photo is being considered to be used in publication. I emailed over my photo as discussed and was looking forward to the next magazine issue.

However, the editor informed me that they had changed their mind at last minute and used another photo instead. Heck! "Return my jpeg file!" - as if this could help.

Obviously I was disappointed and dejected.

Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai by Nelson Chin

I only remembered to check out Manila Skies' article on Dubai today.

I actually think mine looks better than the one being featured! :p What do you think?

0 comments: