Eurocode 3 Steel Design

>> Wednesday 10 June 2009


British Standards code of practice will be obsolete starting March next year and will be replaced by a series of Eurocodes. Eurocodes will be the only authorised code of practice to be used across the European Union and they are being incorporated to the building regulations in the respective countries.

Malaysia, having used British Standards since decades ago, will be migrating to Eurocodes accordingly in due time as well. As such, I think it'd be good to equip myself early to use the new codes.


I signed up for a full-day course today on Eurocode 3, which deals with the design of steel structures. It was a fruitful training session. I started to appreciate the comprehensive scope of the new standards, which have incorporated some of the latest research findings as well.

I believe in keeping abreast with the latest developments, to be an all-round engineer in serving the clients' needs. :)

0 comments: